Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Be Still

So, just after I said that I was enjoying this whole blog thing and had been doing it all week, I stopped.  Ask me why... idk! So, moving on, here I am again.  Again like the last times... I have all these thoughts swirling around in my brain.  I just want to get them out.  

These last few days have been so new to me.  Don't get me wrong, some parts of them have been fun, flattering, and cool, but at the same time, much of them have been hard to process.  From trying to work on my application for this summer, to going to class, to dealing with lots of personal life things, I have been thinking so many things.

I just can't figure out some things.  I can't figure out why some people would feel the way they do and think the way they do.  Why do I?  I guess that is a good question too.  Sometimes I just like to come back to my room and sit here.  Today, I came back and designed part of this program I am designing for the musical at my old high school.  I worked on it for like an hour and a half and just listened to some Jesus music.  You know, as weird as this is, this is kinda my happy place.  I love to design stuff, and I kinda feel like I was just sitting relaxing, and thinking... but not too hard.

You know, as I was thinking about this week on Sunday night, I decided something and set it as my facebook status.  I decided I was going to try to find God in everything.

So, here I am tonight.  I sit here with all of these thoughts, emotions, and new experiences on my plate.  Just a few seconds ago, God brought something into my head.  I was reminded of Psalm 46:10  

It says:
"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Hmmm interesting.  I think that I am supposed to just sit and bask in God's presence.  Just like He says here in Psalms, I need to be still and know that HE is God.  No, I don't know why these things are happening.  Why some people seem like jerks, why some people need to quit worrying about me and know that I'm a big boy, and why sometimes I just need to quit thinking are all things that I can't explain.  But, you know... who cares!  I am trying to find God in this situation right now.  I believe He is telling me, be still and Know that He's God.  He will be exalted.  May I truly exalt Him!  I love Him. May He be my passion, my joy, my hope, my reason for living.  To God be the Glory.  May I be like Jesus.

Being Still and knowing I am redeemed crap and HE is King,

Gregg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so I like your post tonight, and I'm even more glad that you are a big boy. Some people really do amaze me and its wild sometimes. Anyway thanks for always being open with stuff and especially things on your heart...those things. I am glad to call u friend.